Thursday, August 1, 2013

Bring Forth The First Post

So I’m back to my novel, my home and my heart. It’s my first novel, and I don’t know how well it will be received. But I don’t think about that all too much – mostly I ask myself if I want to self-publish someday. My biggest critic is myself, and my biggest obstacle is my health.

To say it’s not easy to write while struggling with a chronic disease is a gross understatement. It feels like holding a flag in a hurricane. Sometimes I lose my grip, and I watch it fly away into the storm. Then I walk through the debris and pick it up again.

Writing is the one constant I have in my life. No it’s not something I can do every day, but it’s my lifeline that pulls me through. And when the blizzard of fibromyalgia clears for a time I can write. A needed passion and I think for most writers it’s their center. It’s more than an obsession that drives me to do it. Perhaps with a little insanity and perseverance I can tell the story that no one else can.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment